A quality sewing machine has always been a necessity in most of the houses. But finding the best heavy-duty household sewing machine is not as simple as you may think. While an average person might not want to have a heavy duty tailoring machine at home, but in our opinion, everyone can benefit from owning a portable heavy-duty sewing machine in India. Beside sewing typical fabrics, the best heavy duty household sewing machine can sew even thick materials like denim and leather. You can even use these sewing machines for thick fabric like quilts.
There are multiple things that you need to consider before making a purchase, such as the type of fabric that the machine can sew, stitches per minute, reliability, and durability. A heavy duty tailoring machine is different from the usual household sewing machine. The heavy duty tailoring machine is designed keeping in mind the industry that it is going to serve. The best heavy duty household sewing machine requires a minimal amount of maintenance and is capable to handle different types of materials.
Best Heavy Duty Household Sewing Machines
This post about the best heavy duty household sewing machines will help you get the best portable heavy-duty sewing machine in India. After comparing a variety of sewing machines, going through real-life customer reviews, testing and trying out for ourselves, we prepared this post. The following reviews are what we think are the best heavy duty tailoring machines.
1. Janome HD3000 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
We were confused about where to place this sewing machine on our list. But after a little research, we found that the Janome HD3000 is the best heavy duty sewing machine you can buy for your house. The Janome HD3000 sewing machine comes with 18 types of stitches, and you can even manage the length and the width of those stitches using sliders. The Janome HD3000 is a mechanical sewing machine, and this feature makes it more durable. Without having to think twice, we can say that the Janome HD3000 is the best sewing machine for thick fabrics. You can even use this heavy duty sewing machine for leather items.
- 18 built-in stitch modes are offered with this Janome heavy duty sewing machine that help you stitch in 18 different ways.
- Automatic needle threading feature is offered with this machine in order to reduce the strain on your eyes.
- The Janome heavy duty sewing machine offers one of the best features i.e. reverse stitch lever.
- With Janome heavy duty sewing machine, you are offered a heavy-duty metal frame for more durability and better stitching.
- 860 SPM (stitches per minute), which is a good speed for beginners as well as intermediates
- 25-year limited warranty from Janome. If you come across any defect, you can get the machine repaired from the manufacturer.
2. Singer 4411 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
Singer 4411 heavy duty sewing machine is the best portable heavy-duty sewing machine in India and is capable of handling difficult projects. The Singer 4411 machine is similar to the Singer 4452 sewing machine. The Singer 4411 heavy duty sewing machine comes with lesser stitch variety than its other models. This model from Singer is sturdily built and comes with an incredible stitching speed of 1100 stitches per minute. This Singer model allows the user to adjust the length and the width of the stitch. This model is the best heavy duty tailoring machine if you are looking for a machine that gets the job done without any noise.
- 11 built-in stitch modes including 6 basic, 4 decoratives, and 1 automatic buttonhole.
- The bedplate is made up of stainless steel and is great for quilting. So quilting with this sewing machine is not hassle.
- The stitch length and width are adjustable which means you can stitch according to your desired stitch size.
- The Singer 4411 heav duty sewing machine comes with built-in reverse stitching.
- 1100 SPM (stitches per minute), which is more than better and is good for a professional person working on this sewing machine.
- 25-year limited warranty is offer from Singer, which means that you can get the issue solved by the manufacturer directly.
3. Singer 4432 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
The manufacturer has designed this particular sewing machine for handling even heavier loads of sewing projects. If you want to do simple sewing projects and basic stitching, you should use other machines, but in case you want much more than that, then this machine is for you. This strongly built Singer sewing machine is decent at handling stronger and heavy fabrics. This heavy duty tailoring machine is pretty small in size, and that is why it is easily portable. The machine comes with a motor that is 60% stronger and efficient.
- This sewing machine is easily portable and offers great reliability. You can take this machine to any other place by carrying it as it doesn’t weigh much.
- Automatic needle threading so you don’t have to go through the fuss of passing the thread through the needle.
- Adjustable foot control presser function is offered with this Singer 4432 heavy duty sewing machine.
- Adjustable length and width of the stitch. This means you can easily set the size of the stitch.
- Onboard storage for accessories is offered with this machine. You can easily store different colours of threads and other necessary items.
- Free arm for easy usage. The free arm allows you to sew collars of your shirt.
- 25-year limited warranty from Singer.
- The weight of this sewing machine is just 14.2 pounds which means that you can easily carry the machine with your hands.
4. Juki HZL 29Z Sewing Machine
The Juki HZL 29Z is one of the best heavy duty sewing machines in India that is made for beginners. The Juki sewing machine is a mechanical sewing machine that comes with 22 built-in stitch modes and a 4-step buttonhole. You can easily monitor and keep an eye on the bobbin thread supply with the help of a clear cover. The user can easily adjust the length and width of the stitch. Now no more eye strain with the help of automatic needle threading feature. This machine may not completely easy to use for some people as there are some ergonomic flaws in it.
- 22 built-in stitch modes are given for the enhanced abilities. This means you an stitch in 22 different styles.
- This Juki HSZL 29Z heavy duty sewing machine comes with 4-step buttonhole function.
- Automatic needle threading feature is offered with this machine that helps you skip the fuss of passing thread through the needle.
- Drop-in bobbin function is one of the best functions you can get with any sewing machine.
- 7-point feed system
5. Janome HD1000 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
The weight of this machine is over 20 pounds. The Janome HD1000 heavy duty tailoring machine is one of the best portable heavy-duty sewing machines in India. If you are among those who use sewing machines a lot and don’t want to break the bank, then this sewing machine is an excellent choice for you. The Janome HD1000 will tackle anything that you throw at it. We have tried leather and other heavy materials, this machine did its job perfectly. When we tried this sewing machine for ourselves, we were very impressed with the features. The product is made to last with the help of a rare aluminium frame that gives a classic look and feels to the machine.
- This Janome HD1000 heavy duty sewing machine get you 14 in-built stitch modes for better stitching.
- 1-step buttonhole and 1 automatic mode feature is offered with this sewing machine.
- With this Janome heavy duty sewing machine, you get a free arm that helps you easily sew collars.
- Durable and reliable aluminium body frame doesn’t let the machine move while stitching thick fabric like leather, canvas, etc.
- The Janome HD1000 heavy duty sewing machine come with the speed of 840 stitches per minute which is good enough for beginner and intermediate.
- Adjustable length of the stitch allows you customize the size of stitch.
- A heavy frame that allows easy quilting. Janome is known for building the machines using heavy frame.
- Janome offers a 25-year limited warranty on it. In case you come across any issue with the machine, just report to the manufacturer.
If you take the time to care and maintain it properly, the heavy duty sewing machine can give you several years of use. You can take notes of a few points given below:
● Make sure you purchase a good cover for your sewing machine.
● Before you start your work on the machine, make sure you clean the dust.
● Change your needles regularly as sewing needles become dull over time.
Yes, it is possible! Most of the heavy duty sewing machines available in the market can sew both light and heavy materials.
It depends on your needs, goals, and your budget. If you are a professional, you may want to look for a high-end heavy duty sewing machine with lots of functions and features. In case you are a beginner, you may want to look for a sewing machine deigned for beginners with basic functionality. The price will vary according to the functionality and features of the machine. So you should have an idea about the price in your mind.
Yes, you can! Before you start sewing leather and other thick materials, make sure you read the user manual of your machine.
The best heavy duty sewing machines are specially made to tackle any sewing projects, be it thick materials or heavy ones. Sewing these kinds of materials is difficult when working on a regular sewing machine. If you are looking for a heavy duty tailoring machine that can sew through denim, leather, canvas, or any upholstery, you can choose any one of the above-shown machines. You need to ensure that the sewing machine that you are going to buy is at least 14 pounds heavy or else you might face some issues while sewing through clothes.